Check out upcoming and/or completed rebuilding volunteer projects hosted by T.R.I.P. in conjunction with a variety of community partners across the country.
- October 19, 2013 – Upper Marlboro, MD: Our volunteers in Maryland kicked off their first service project at Perrywood Elementary School — painting classrooms and landscaping the grounds, which included planting trees, pulling weeds and pruning shrubs.
- October 12 – 13, 2013 – New York City: T.R.I.P. volunteers participated in a two-day, weekend service project in NYC in support of Sandy recovery efforts. We teamed up with Friends of Rockaway, Red Hook Community Garden and New York Cares to repair two homes in Far Rockaway, NY that were damaged by Super Storm Sandy, and also shoveled our way through compost to help restore a garden that services local Brooklyn residents. We also found time to volunteer with Habitat For Humanity’s Jimmy & Rosalynn Work Project in Staten Island, NY.
- September 7, 2013 – Los Angeles, CA: T.R.I.P. volunteers partnered once again with Neighborhood Housing Services to help revitalize the area of 76th and Vermont, which benefitted families and seniors throughout this community.
- o August 3, 2013 – Los Angeles, CA: Compton Pride Day brought out T.R.I.P. volunteers who assisted with clean-up and beautification projects. This project was held in conjunction with Neighborhood Housing Services (NHS) of Los Angeles County that provides a variety of programs and helps to preserve lifelong homeownership throughout LA County.
- July 27, 2013 – Atlanta, GA and Columbus, OH: T.R.I.P. rocked the block and collaborated with Habitat For Humanity for a dual-city volunteer project in both Atlanta and Columbus. The project in Columbus was a family affair as young people from toddlers to teens showed their spirit of volunteerism by lending a helping hand.
- May 4, 2013 – Atlanta, GA: T.R.I.P. teamed up with Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. to donate shoe boxes filled with toiletries for homeless women and children in the greater Atlanta metro area.
- April 27, 2013 – Los Angeles, CA: Volunteers worked with Little Green Fingers to plant a garden in the West Athens community of South Los Angeles. Little Green Fingers is LA County’s first children’s garden collaborative to help improve the health of at-risk toddlers and their families.
- January 25, 2013 – Atlanta, GA: T.R.I.P. supported Project OverCoat by sorting donated coats and blankets and preparing them for dissemination to needy families in the Atlanta metro area.