The mission of T.R.I.P. is to travel to low-income, predominantly African-American cities in the U.S. to rebuild communities and inspire hope to help improve and progress the quality of life for African American families.
T.R.I.P. partners with local residents, community development corporations, civic and community groups and faith-based organizations to carry out its mission. Our projects include the following activities based upon the needs of the community:
- Building new homes and/or rehabilitating housing
- Renovating recreational parks and/or community facilities
- Planting community gardens
- Cleaning up neighborhoods and debris from natural disasters
- Repurposing abandoned lots
- Assisting Community Development Corporations with existing projects (i.e., community lighting installations, restructuring neighborhood streets, enhancing public common areas, etc.)